Thursday, August 18, 2011

Moving Day?! We Totally Forgot



Have you ever moved? I've moved plenty of times... But this time is different. I might be a little over the top excited, but you need to understand something. We are currently living on the 3rd floor of an apartment, no elevator. read: no elevator. I have received many blood blisters on my arms from carrying the plastic bagged groceries all in one trip because I refuse to make multiple trips. I'll leave eggs in the car before I make a second trip. Call me lazy, but I prefer to think of myself as efficient. (and maybe a little lazy). I still have 10 yards of fabric in my front seat because I really can't be bothered to take it upstairs, just to bring it back down again for my reupholstering! Obviously!


So here we are. We are moving. Next Saturday. It's Thursday night. We have plenty of boxes to move, but the one problem is, they are empty. I keep thinking that I'll wake up in the morning and it'll be done. (I believed a little too much of Bewitched and I Dream of Jeanie. Both are still on TV, and yes, I still try to twitch my nose and wiggle my belly. Let's just say you don't want to be around when I'm doing that...not attractive).

So what do I do? Do I actually have to pack the stuff myself? You can't blame me for this mentality. When I moved to LA... bought all new stuff... moved back home, I sold it all. When I moved to the apartment with Steven, my parents (SOO THANKFUL) moved me in while I was on my honeymoon. So technically, I've really never moved if you think about it. So how am I supposed to know what to do?


I'll tell you what I'll do. Tomorrow, I'll take the first step. I'll go buy some tape. And some boxed wine. That'll get me going.

1 comment:

  1. Woman! I do the SAME grocery bag trick! :-) (and the other day, I dropped my eggs) ! :-) Ha!

    ReplyDelete